Tuesday, November 20, 2007

How not to recruit

It seems pretty straightforward that as a professional, you should treat everyone well and this is especially important in our industry, it's a small one after all and if you develop a reputation for behaving in a less than favourable manner, you won't enjoy the benefits of having a good reputation and building up a powerful network.

Take, for example a recent mail I received from a recruiter who spammed me yesterday for a job in a well known Multinational CRM Organisation.


Here is the mail he sent me;

Hello ,
My name is *** ****, I'm a Contract Recruiter working for ***** in Ireland. I found your information on Monster.com and wanted to contact you about an opportunity that looks like a great match to your skills. I have appended the job description below for your review.
Please feel free to call me anytime at +44-207-100-****; if you prefer, let me know the best time and phone to reach you and I'll call you then.
Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best regards,
*** **********

Pierpoint

-----------------------------------------------------
Office: +44 207 100 ****
Email: **********



And here is the reply I sent;


** ** **** **,

I have been contacted by 5 different people in your company about opportunities in *** and I can tell you what I have told your predecessors – I am not interested. It concerns me that you, as recruiters do not seem to maintain any records of who you have contacted. You say you found my details on Monster.com – I find this intriguing – considering I don’t have a profile or any personal details on Monster… You mailed me on my work email – how did you get this address? I can only assume you found it on Linkedin.com, and in which case you should have not contacted me about Career Opportunities as I have specified that I do not wish to be contacted about Career Opportunities.

Furthermore, I live in Dublin – the role you mention below is in Galway which is on the west coast which would mean commuting 430 kilometres each day. Not exactly the ideal work-life balance is it Francisco?

Don’t spam me again, remove me from your database immediately.

Noel

No comments: